Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ninja Monkey vs Cute Kids

I am probably biased but I think that my sisters have made some pretty cute kidlets(my word for cute kid types) Lately, I have been hearing some really funny stories about my nephew, Atticus Finch, and his brother, Harper Lee, and their cousin, Celeste. Yes, my little sister really likes To Kill A Mockingbird.

Last week my mom was driving around town with the kids when Atticus said something mean to Celeste. After overhearing that he hurt Celeste's feelings grandma stepped in and told him to kiss and make up. Atticus leans over, gives Celeste a kiss, and then says "I'm sorry Celeste, and I will put on your make-up later"

A few days later they are out driving with my aunt, Kelli, and one of her grand kids, Corbin, who had a cold. He sneezed and Atticus says "Uh Kelli, you should do something, its disgusting back here." She laughs and wipes the nose of her grandchild. Then Atticus declares "Its OK though, because it is our disgusting" So I guess blood is thicker than snot in the eyes of my nephew.

Over the weekend my mom who the kids call Nanu (as in Mork's greeting) took all Celeste, Atticus and Harper all to see their great-grandma. They were there for a while visiting when my older sister, January, came to pick up Celeste. She walked in and said hello to everyone and gave Atticus a hug. Atticus stared at her and slowly backed away to my mom and whispered "Nanu, who is that?" My mom laughed and told him it was his Aunt Jan. He didn't recognize her because she was wearing her glasses.


My friend Melissa has two sons, Bryan and Lucas. After not seeing me for a while, Bryan asked his mom who I was. She said that's your Aunt Brandi. To which he replied "Oh yeah! I thought I recognized those freckles!" I laughed for like ten minutes.


I have come to the conclusion that kids are hilarious!

1 comment:

  1. So after watching Monsters vs Aliens today, Atticus says "Brandi guess what I'm wearing today!" I look down at him and notice the Transformers shirt and I say "Transformers?" He responds with "NO! I'M WEARING UNDERWEAR!!!"

    People walking by were cracking up and or staring. So funny! :)

    ReplyDelete